September 25, 2006

Secrets Of The Natives

Hallo... I consider myself open-minded and shy away from biases, stereotypes, labels, and compartmentalizing people. However, there is one group of people I can't help favoring - the Native American Tribes. I have immense respect for them across the board.

Last April, I met with Huston Smith (author) and Phil Cousineau (author, film maker) and it was truly an honor to talk with them about their work. Details some other time, just want to quote from their book here...

A Seat At The Table

A long time ago the Creator came to Turtle Island and said to the Red People: "You will be the keepers of Mother Earth. Among you I will give the wisdom about Nature, about the interconnectedness of all things, about balance and about living in harmony. You Red People will see the secrets of Nature. You will live in hardship and the blessing of this is you will stay close to the Creator. The day will come when you will need to share the secrets with other people of the Earth because they will stray from their Spiritual ways. The time to start sharing is today." (Mohican Prophecy)

Hasn't the day come? Haven't we strayed from our spiritual ways? What can we do to change the times and our paths?

Personally, I would love to hear the secrets the Native Americans (Mohicans in particular) have to share, so that I/you/we may learn to be more spiritual and in tune with this Mother Earth. After all, isn't this the one and only home we all share?

-zensufi-

No comments: